Sierra Foothills Unitarian Universalists
Sunday, May 19, 2013
A free and responsible search for truth and meaning.
Our library has a rich collection of books that offer wisdom from all religions, spiritual quests, philosophy, and insight into one's own path. The library is located in the founders room, right next to the ministers' office.
There is a self-service check out and return system so that access is available whenever the church is open. Books have either been donated or purchased with monies raised from the book 'sales' in the Fellowship Hall.
The books have recently been sorted according to category and given a unique number. Books can be located using the directories below or by sing the green binder in the library. If you need help to locate a book in the library, Joan Lacktis can help you.
WHAT’S NEW IN THE LIBRARY?
If you’re looking for some good reading over the holidays, five new titles will be arriving in the library in December:
· In Praise of Animals by Edward Searle
· The Pen and the Bell: Mindful Writing in a Busy World
by Brenda Miller, Holly Hughes
· Reclaiming Prophetic Witness―Liberal Religion in the Public Square by Paul Rasor
· From Zip Lines to Hosaphones―Dispatches from the Search for Truth and Meaning by Jane Ranney Rzepka
· Darkening the Doorways―Black Trailblazers and Missed Opportunities by Mark Morrison Reed.
Click the link to see an alphabetical list of all of the books in the SFUU library
Click the link below to see a list of books grouped by category
PC Users: To search for words or phrases in the lists, click CTRL-F and enter your search terms.
You can Zoom in right-clicking and selecting Zoom Tools
Mac Users: To search for words you must use Preview Mode